|West Indian Curried Chicken
||[Jun. 12th, 2007|05:14 pm]
Sharing recipes, experiences, and good times
This is the version after I made my mods. Original recipe is on Allrecipes.com. Makes enough to feed 4-5.|
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 skin-on chicken thighs with drumsticks, or other comparable amount of skin-on chicken.
1 large onion, minced
6 cloves garlic, minced
4-5 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. curry powder
2 tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. cayenne
2 c. frozen peas
2 c. chicken broth
* Heat 3 Tbsp vegetable oil in a large pot/skillet (not a standard-size skillet!).
* Saute the chicken, onions, and garlic until the chicken has browned on both sides, 5-10 minutes.
* Stir in potatoes, salt, curry powder, garam masala, and cayenne pepper
* Add enough chicken broth to cover the chicken half to three-quarters full.
* Add frozen green peas.
* Cover and simmer until tender, about 40 minutes.
* Season to taste with hot pepper sauce, as needed. Serve over rice.